Come Follow Me lesson 13 relays the beautiful story of Peter’s efforts to follow Christ. Although he was unable to sustain the miraculous “walking on water” he manifested great faith and love for Christ by trying.
Christ did not withhold a rescue, demanding perfection of Peter. He “stretched forth His hand,” as He does for us all.
“The Family: A Proclamation to the World” reminds us that “Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.” In lesson 14 we review His teachings as we study the events of Holy Week, Jesus’ final week of mortality.
All week as we try to follow Christ, we can ponder:
– How we can invite Him into our lives?
– Ways we can cleanse our heart and mind to prepare to hear Christ’s teachings?
– Ways we can apply the lessons of the scriptures in our life?
– How our love of God helps us to love and serve others?
– What we can do to honor and remember Him daily?
– Who we can forgive?
– Times Christ has given us comfort?
– What feelings we experience as we think about what it means that Jesus Christ is resurrected?
Visit @comeuntochrist and @churchofjesuschrist to explore the joy and peace that are possible #becauseofhim